Sunday, October 3, 2010

To Fantasize: Indulge in daydreaming about something desired.

Every since I was 5, I have wanted bigger and better things than I was given in life. I grew up fantasizing about what I would look like and who I could be. It was always very nonrealistic, living life as a princess in some castle, or being some kind of superhero that would save the world from evil. I also pictured every possible scenario of how I would fall in love in college and how I would storm the halls of college. By fantasizing I was able to cope with my boring mundane life.

At 11, when I bought my first sony walkman, fantasizing was upgraded to another level. I could know create scenarios through the songs I would listen to. My imagination could be stretched and grow since I had music that would allow more ideas to flow into me. It was really exciting to me and I found a lot of pleasure in my made up dreams. I got away with keeping it a little secret till I was "caught" one day.
It was another afternoon, listening to my walkman as I "napped." I felt as if someone was watching me, but I was really getting into Hilary Duff's Come Clean. Finally my eyes opened to see my older brother laughing. I guess what gave me away was my ridiculous grin across my face, and me laying on my bed at mid-day.

I guess I have spent a ridiculous amount of time, creating dreams in my head. When I look back on my life, I find that was something that really got me through actually liking life. Everyone daydreams and most people have don't want to share them. But, my daydreams tell more about me, than well anything else does. The thing is I found more pleasure in my own made up "reality" than what was in actuality going around me.



No comments:

Post a Comment