Monday, October 4, 2010

Notes from a Rambler

Have you ever had the urge to just talk and talk to your lips hurt? Thats how I feel right now. I am not suppose to talk and I really want to talk so badly.

Here I am sitting in this little room called the Silent Study room and I am not allowed to say a word. I look at my friend and we can't help but silently laugh at each other. Why is it, when you are in a situation where talking and laughing are prohibited you want to even more? Also, why is it that everything is so much funnier in this situation than not? I don't understand it. I feel I need to discover this and create my own personal theory for why this is. I know that I am not the only one is really feels this way. So here is my theory, hold on, I will think of it. I just know it. I believe its because we desire to do what we want when we want. If told no, we want to more. Kind of like whenever someone says: "Don't look!" And you find yourself more inclined to look than not. So the reality is when we are told no, we want to do it more. Humans don't like being told no, specifically teenagers don't like being told no.

1 comment:

  1. I always liked talking more than listening. I look forward to your blog. Good job honey.

    ReplyDelete